crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, January 15, 2009

So Predictable

While flying back from East Africa, Riccardo and I joked that the transition back to work would be tough, and that knowing us, at least one of us would end up sick. So it wasn't any big surprise that today, the Thursday after we've returned, I'm at home in bed.

Why am I whinging? Well I've got a delightful headache (complete with light sensitivity and nausea) and a fabulous new pair of golfballs in my throat which have caused a minor case of laryngitis. Yay me!

I absolutely have to drag my ass to a (twice rescheduled) podiatrist appointment this afternoon. I absolutely have to drag my ass to uni tomorrow. I absolutely have to get through an immense volume of work this weekend (in addition to our plans to go for a curry with friends tomorrow eve, and to host a proper Sunday lunch on, er, Sunday). I had also wanted to shop for new shoes for me, a new belt for Riki and, possibly, a new, second-hand bed frame on Saturday. I think those plans will be ix-nayed.

For now, must sleep.
Cheerio.

1 Comments:

    • At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      My dear Crystal, I keep preaching and preaching: TEA is the solution to all the world's problems ;o)

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!