crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Thursday, April 19, 2007

What's Going On?

I've found myself VERY busy lately, but I've been reluctant to report on it here, because much of what I've been up to is still TOP SECRET. Here, however, are some tidbits:

  • I've 100% finished my self-study, Hueber, German for Beginners course. Still can't speak the damn language.
  • My mini-job visa was denied.
  • I've enrolled in a full-time German course through the community center in Ludwighafen; it's costing 150 Euros for 100 hours and will start April 30th. The hours are Monday to Friday, 2:30 to 5:45 with, I'm warned, about 3 hours of homework per day. I had to enrol so that I could apply for a Student Visa and not get immediately deported.
  • Riccardo and I are being flown to England for 4 days next weekend - all expenses paid. Woo-hoo, England!! I can't say why, but I've been hugely busy arranging craploads of appointments for while we're there...
  • I am absorbed in preparing games for our friends' Thomas and Jeannette's Super Wedding Extravaganza. Riccardo and I are Events Coordinators for this weekend-long, castle-located broom-jumping.
  • This is a busy time of year - I've been crazily researching gift options for up-coming weddings, birthdays, Mother's and Father's days, etc. Got some cool prospects.
  • And, I'm trying to casually morph into Martha Stewart by being crafty, cooking lots of "comfort food" (like the Beef Pot Pie I made from scratch last week; it was fabulous!), and keeping a tidy house. Ugh. Hey, when you've got nothing better to do...

2 Comments:

    • At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      tell me, tell me, tell me!

       
    • At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      TOP SECRET???
      nani? nani?? nani???
      You've been study German chooo hard ne(^0^)Ganbatte!
      Tressa is leaving soon...it's everytime really sad to see friends are leaving:(

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!