crystal's capers

one girl's international adventures

Monday, September 19, 2005

The Duck Bit Me

As I mentioned, our Tokai camping trip scheduled for this weekend was canceled. Instead, the Unit (myself, Tressa, Trav & Daichi) met up in a local park for Camping in Shimo. We brought a tent and everything... although it didn't exactly get set up. There is a beautiful park close to Trav's place, with waterfalls, streams, marble picnic tables and the like. So we basically just had some drinks, fooled around and played at the playground; here is a picture of Trav and Daichi doing a bit of fooling around, so to speak (this was just after Daichi insisted that Trav hurl him through the air by his ankles... needless to say his body did not even leave the ground).

I was very excited to see my old friend the Spring Duck (you know, one of those playground things where you bounce back and forth on a giant spring animal?) To my chagrin the duck
was not as excited to see me and promptly bucked me off. That damn duck's tail plowed me in the thigh and I awoke the next morning with a rather large black bruise (at least this time I can place where the bruise came from). Having apparently not learned from my brush with death that this is one mean duck, Daichi was then taken for a ride, literally, by the devilish creature. I'm sure he also sports some war-wounds as we speak. Friggin duck!

Sometime during our mischeif we came up with yet another set of nicknames: I shall now fondly be known as Lurlene (only to be said with a red-neck accent) and Tressa as Currrrly. This picture, if you can't guess, is of Curl and Lurl.


Sunday night Tressa and I didn't have much on the agenda, so we decided to partake in a good
ole fashioned one-on-one kareoke outing. Good fun. Approximately 8 full grapefruits went into the making of my night, no word of a lie. See, I have recently discovered a drink consisting of a Japanese vodka-like alcohol called Sho Chu, soda water and grapefruit juice. At this particular establishment one receives a whole grapefruit with their drink and must squeeze it for themselves before dumping it into their glass. Quite the production, let me tell you. So anyhow, the whole grapefruit experience will probably lead to my complete recovery from this darn cold if my mother is at all founded in her faith in the cure-all powers of vitamin C (and echinacea). These are pictures of Curl and I acting like morons in front of 7/11; nothing unusual there. Until next time...

1 Comments:

    • At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

      I've heard of duck a l'orange, but not duck a la grapefruit,hope the thigh recovers.Thanks a million for the card,and access to your blog,never having been a young woman or gone to the land of falling down,it is a whole new adventure, bursting with youthful enthusiasm, I just love it ,Keep up the good work,big hugs Ruthie and Len

       
    • Post a Comment


adopt your own virtual pet!